Tears of the Raven Queen
Paladin of the Raven Queen
Dae’Onel AthrightPaladin of the Raven Queen, Protector
- Has been known to lift a near 200lb dwarf over his head in jest and bend bars once in a score of tries.
- Is hale and hearty enough to endure a week long pursuit of a monster across several leagues of rough terrain with little rest.
- Has typical reflexes
- Described by his peers as being a few sparks shy of full torchlight, DaeOnel knows his verses of the Raven Queens doctrine by rote.
- Wis: 14 (+2)
- Dae’Onel is magnetic. Cheerful, overpowering at times
Max HP 33 (includes Toughness)
Surge Value: 8
Surges/Day: 13 (includes Durable)
Armor: Plate (50 lb) and Large Shield (15 lb)
Armor Class: 20 = 10 + 8 [plate] + 2 [if carrying heavy shield]
Fortitude Defense: 14 = 10 + 1 [Human] + 1 [paladin] + 2 [strength]
Reflex Defense: 14 = 10 + 1 [Human] + 1 [paladin] + 2 [if carrying heavy shield]
Will Defense: 16 = 10 + 1 [Human] + 1 [paladin] + 4 [charisma]
Hair: Blond; Wavy; Light Beard
Speed: 5 squares [includes armor penalty]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 -1 = -1 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [charisma]
- Unarmed Melee: +2 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+2 [strength bonus]
- Longsword(v): +5 vs AC +2 strength attack; damage 1[W]=1d8+2 [strength bonus] 4 lb (Heavy blade) versatile
- Bolstering Strike +4w [base charisma attack] vs AC
- Enfeebling Strike +4w [base charisma attack] vs AC
- Ardent Strike +4w [base charisma attack] vs AC
- Radiant Smite +2w [base strength attack] vs AC
- On Pain of Death +4i [base charisma attack] vs will
v Versatile weapon. Add +1 to damage if using two-handed
w Weapon-based power. Apply adjustments for proficiency, situation, feats, magic, etc.
i Implement-usable power. Apply a bonus as appropriate for magic, any implement expertises, etc.
- Normal Load: 140 lb.
- Heavy Load: 280 lb.
- Maximum Drag Load 700 lb
Languages: Common; Elven;Supernal
- Acrobatics: -4 = 0 [dexterity] -2 [armor]-2 [shield]
- Arcana: -1 = -1 [intelligence]
- Athletics: -2 = 2 [strength] -2 [armor]-2 [shield]
- Bluff: +4 = 4 [charisma]
- Diplomacy: +9 = 4 [charisma] + 5 [class training]
- Dungeoneering:+2 = 2 [wisdom]
- Endurance: +2 = 1 [constitution] + 5 [class training]-2 [armor]-2 [shield]
- Heal: +7 = 2 [wisdom] + 5 [class training]
- History: +4 = -1 [intelligence] + 5 [class training]
- Insight: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
- Intimidate: +4 = 4 [charisma]
- Nature: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
- Perception: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
- Religion: +4 = -1 [intelligence] + 5 [class training]
- Stealth: -4 = 0 [dexterity] -2 [armor]-2 [shield]
- Streetwise: +4 = 4 [charisma]
- Thievery: -4 = 0 [dexterity] -2 [armor]-2 [shield]
- Basic Melee Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+2 strength bonus
- Basic Ranged Attack: By weapon, damage 1W
- Bull Rush: +2 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
- Grab: +2 [base strength attack] vs reflex [standard action]
- Move grabbed target: +2 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
- Escape: -4 [acrobatics] vs reflex / -2 [athletics] vs fortitude [move action]
- Divine Challenge Paladin
- Bolstering Strike [Level 1]
- Enfeebling Strike [Level 1]
- Ardent Strike [DP; Level 1]
- Second Wind
- Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
- Channel Divinity
Divine Mettle [minor action]
Divine Strength [minor action]
- Radiant Smite [Level 1]
- Daily Powers:
- Lay On Hands Paladin[2/day]
- On Pain of Death [Level 1]
One extra at-will power from your class (already included)
One bonus feat at 1st level (already included)
One bonus skill from the skill class list (already included)
+1 to fortitude, reflex, and will defenses
Channel Divinity—Divine Strength (add your strength modifier to damage on your next attack)
Channel Divinity—Divine Mettle (target makes saving throw with your charisma modifier as a bonus)
Divine Challenge (mark target)
Lay On Hands (sacrifice one of your healing surges to enable another to heal as if they had spent a surge)
Dae’Onel Athright’s Equipment:
69 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
2 lb Backpack
5 lb Bedroll
Flint and steel
1 lb Pouch (belt) x1
10 lb Rations (1 day) x10
10 lb Rope (50’, hempen) x1
2 lb Sunrods x2
4 lb Waterskins x1
1 lb Holy symbol (silver)
Dae’Onel’s a bastard Princeling (so, has a title, but no lands, no money, no
usable family connections). His mother was a Royal Princess, who had him and his
twin sister out of wedlock with another Royal Prince (a very distant
cousin). She was a Priestess for the Raven Queen
She was also notable for having several jilted lovers, and being a very devoted priest for the Raven Queen.
His father, I don’t have very much information other than he was known for his temper.
His mother died in childbirth, which was occurred in a prison cell.
Despite the royal linage, his family only had a comfortable (middle class) amount of wealth, so he has no servants.
The Raven Queen is wound around and around in Dae’Onel’s life it seems.
When Dae-Onel was a child of 5 he was chased into an alley by some thugs/bullies. He fell, there was a bright flash of light and the thugs all ran away. His protector was a spirit of an adventurer (a warrior or paladin) of some local renown. From that point on Dae-Onel had an ‘invisible friend’ that he could speak to, get answers from, but no one could see.
(the boy is odd, always talks in 3rd person, or in the plural)
He had a religious experience when he was 8, with the Raven Queen
speaking to him.
At 12 he was apprenticed as a Paladin’s squire (a year younger than
At 16 he had another religious experience, where the Raven Queen
requested that he accomplish a dangerous task
Always speaks in the plural of himself Phobia of being buried alive (maybe why he’s not a priest—doesn’t have to spend time underground) Obsessive heraldry hobbyist (as in spending about a 1/3 of his earnings on books, scrolls, paints, parchement) Devoted lute player